<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2759340358973361954?origin\x3dhttp://adam-han.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random Photos

Teacher's to Friends in Cambodia

Friday, April 3, 2009

Pak Lan

He's different from many others teachers and also like those with the same hair colour as him. Pak Lan or now 10 of us would call him, bapak, has a fun character and a weird charm. He's sarcastic, full of teases especially with Ms Loh from KMB. He is very entertaining and sporting with our silly antics. In Cambodia, we jumped in many types of scenery and had still shots of it. We had him jump in Angkor Watt, which man, as old as he is would do that? Or take photos of him wearing other people’s glasses or using a bangle as a nose ring.

Besides, bapak runs around in the meeting room being chased by Ms Loh and acts as childish as we do makes us feel very comfortable during the meetings. However, at the end of the day he still maintains the discipline to make sure we don't go overboard. Try imagining him as a kid. Hahaha, take a look at his notice board in the office, it's full of paper cutting with his name, proudly displayed while others would show maturity he shows both at the right time. He deserves my utmost respect.

I'm a very stubborn person when it comes to decisions about what I do. I always go into an argument or a discussion before making up my mind. For example, in Cambodia I had a slight fever, I was persistently asked to take panadol by diana from kmb yet I denied, refusing to eat the maggi that was brought, and everytime I'm injured or sick friends would always advise me to see the doctor, I would give all sorts of excuses. I only accept and listen to criticism after much evaluating.

Bapak has this charm where I would just listen accept his comments. He speaks in a very rational and logical manner when it comes to important decisions, and he knows when to joke. Only a handful of people have that effect on me, more than enough for the fingers on my right hand to count. He's just like a father here in kms and also during the project, giving good advice on our manners and attitude. You cant find another teacher like him.



Cikgu Ikhwan

Frankly, I thought Cikgu Ikhwan was a strict and firm person. Yes, I was right. When he gives advice and let us in on what happens in the college and his personal life, he speaks in a tone where he grabs our attention. Or when he see’s us making mistakes and correcting us or just a simple chat he would speak with a very commanding voice. Crazy yet responsible, Cikgu Ikhwan managed to get 2 different design of t-shirt ready for the trip to Cambodia in a very limited amount of time. This goes to show he has a very good network of friends.

Moreover, what others may not know is that we really get to know him as a person in Cambodia. Cikgu Ikhwan was more of a friend then, during the late night chats, all the teachers immediately became friends in Cambodia, they don’t restrict us unless it is really bad for us. They give us our freedom, Bapak and Ms Loh as well.

Cikgu Ikhwan, mixes with us very well, reminds me of those kampong boys, rugged, highly adaptable to any harsh situation, carefree and fun. In Cambodia, he helped distribute food, jokes around with every one of us, tells us his life stories, entertains our silly request and handles our teases with a big smile. He is also the sportsman kind of person, we together football in Cambodia. Haha, cheeky too, ask Pak Lan or the rest.

Bookmark this post to del.icio.us Digg this post! Bookmark this post to Yahoo! My Web Bookmark this post to Furl