<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar/2759340358973361954?origin\x3dhttp://adam-han.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random Photos

formspring.me

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Do you agree on this saying "curiosity is the lust of mind?" do you think "curiosity kills the cat"? - it means that sometimes curiosity is not good. Not in term of learning education.

I've read this quote somewhere before. "Curiosity is the lust of the mind"

I agree partly. I may be curious on how chef's cook a dish but the other just don't bother and gobble it down. Not knowing can kill you and sometimes you don't get killed.

I think being curious is having the desire to know something. How can being curious be not good? If you talk about I have to smoke to know that it is bad for me, or I have to commit adultery to know the consequences, or perhaps I should point a gun at myself and pull the trigger to see what happens. Maybe those are just plain foolish. Then there's no point of having a brain in the first place. Humans and cats are totally different.

If you still think those situation is also being curious, then fine. It's not good in that sense.

But, we're built with common sense, intelligence, ability to think critically, we can put curiosity in the right place.

The more you know, the more you get, the greater risk you're involved but the there's more you can give.

Ask me anything

Bookmark this post to del.icio.us Digg this post! Bookmark this post to Yahoo! My Web Bookmark this post to Furl