<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/2759340358973361954?origin\x3dhttp://adam-han.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random Photos

formspring.me

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hey Adam.Have you ever felt that people expect you to excel? If you did/do, did that make you feel scared/anxious, because you weren't sure that you were able to live up to their expectations?How did you handle it?

Yeah, I feel that way sometimes especially when they talk to other people about you, when they advice you, when they say you'll get good grades and stuff. It's like when after exams or results are out they're like "don't bother asking him, he'll definitely get good results".

Besides, when people, teachers or anybody gives you responsibility to do something, they're also expecting you to be good at it. Just like how we tend to make fun of our leaders, celebrities or anyone. Because we expect people like them to be good at what they do.

Do I feel scared or anxious? Haha, yeah, I definitely do. Especially when i'm preparing or doing what they have given me to do or expect me to do. Though I don't think it affects my performance.

But I don't feel scared that I won't be able to live up to their expectations, rather I would be unhappy (Not scared) because i'll disappoint them. You know how sometimes, teachers and people ask for volunteers and you see no one volunteering to take up the responsibility or answer whatever, how would you feel if you didn't get any response when you ask for help?

Hence, when nobody stands up, you should stand up. They'll be very very grateful that you take their challenge or plea for help, I would be grateful if somebody did that for me. And regardless of whether you meet any expectations, I would still be delighted that someone is actually willing to give a hand.

For me, it's like; Lets work towards something, do our best, enjoy the process. Benefit from what we went through, not getting too carried with winning or losing.

On the other hand, you've got to make sure that you're capable of fulfilling what they need. How can a blind man teach another blind man to walk right? Haha.

Well, the drive and motivation that keeps me going is that I want to be better and especially not disappointing them. I'll try my best, but if it doesn't meet their expectations then perhaps we tend to make mistakes on the way. But it's a challenge right?

If I fail, then I fail. If I succeed then I succeed. How do I handle it? Do better next time. :) How can one mistake be the end of you right? It's so silly sometimes that we give in to our emotions.

There's this saying that if you can treat both success and failure equally then you've grasped a very important life lesson.

Ask me anything

Bookmark this post to del.icio.us Digg this post! Bookmark this post to Yahoo! My Web Bookmark this post to Furl